Fashion industry titan Fern Mallis, is the former Executive Director of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, the award-winning creator of NY Fashion Week, and Developer and Host of the premiere conversation series at the 92nd Street Y, and author of the book of the same name, Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis. These interviews and stories feature some of the world’s top designers and fashion industry leaders, including Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Tom Ford, Iman, Diane von Fürstenberg, Bill Cunningham, and many more.
On this episode of The Pop-Up Biz Podcast with Fern Mallis:
- Fern and I discuss fashion marketing and sales as we head into the 2020 Holiday season, and Fern’s predictions for 2021 and beyond.
- Fern offers a behind the scenes look at the origins of New York Fashion Week and the iconic Fashion Night Out event, including what worked and what didn’t, and how that laid the groundwork for designer pop-ups and the role of influencers in fashion sales events today.
- She shares her perspective on the impact of charity tie-ins and the opportunity to highlight pressing issues that are meaningful to today’s customers including racial and ethnic diversity, size inclusivity and sustainability.
- Get ready to discover Fern’s secret to her success, and what she thinks makes a great pop-up experience, including some of her favorite designer activations.
- Spoiler Alert: Fern Mallis has a great idea for a pop-up and shares it with us on The Pop-Up Biz podcast!